By Michael N. DeMers
GIS (geographic info procedure) is a wholly cool know-how that has been referred to as “geography on steroids.” GIS is what permits you to see the colleges on your local or tells you the place the closest McDonald’s is. GIS For Dummies
tells you all approximately mapping terminology and electronic mapping, find out how to find geographic good points and learn styles reminiscent of streets and waterways, and the way to generate go back and forth instructions, purchaser place lists, and lots more and plenty extra with GIS.
no matter if you’re in control of developing GIS functions on your enterprise otherwise you easily love maps, you’ll locate GIS For Dummies is jam-packed with info. for instance, you could:
- Learn the entire and software program essential to gather, study, and manage GIS info
- Explore the variation among second and 3D maps, create a map, or deal with a number of maps
- Analyze styles that seem in maps and interpret the consequences
- Measure distance in absolute, comparative, and sensible methods
- Recognize how spatial components relate to geographic information
- Discover how GIS is utilized in enterprise, the army, urban making plans, emergency prone, land administration, and extra
- Find out how GIS should help discover the place flooding may perhaps ensue
- Determine what your company wishes, do acceptable analyses, and truly plan and layout a GIS method
You’ll locate dozens of purposes for GIS queries and analyses, or even discover ways to create lively GIS output. even if your target is to enforce a GIS or simply have a good time, GIS For Dummies gets you there!
Note: The Kindle variation of this publication doesn't comprise any CDs or DVDs.